Manage your finances, right at your fingertips.
Conduct your banking without visiting a branch.
A new and improved Online Banking Experience
As part of our commitment to delivering technology that simplifies your life and makes managing finances easier, we are excited to announce that the Michigan First Online Banking platform has been updated! With improved accessibility, our new Online Banking is equipped with new features that allow for greater control of your finances and easier navigation across devices - including mobile phones and tablets.
- Manage Your Security Settings: View your login history and manage the devices you use to access Online Banking. We’ve added additional tools to help you stay protected against fraud
- Move Money from One Place: Pay loans, schedule bill payments and transfer money with an upgraded Account-to-Account transfer system.
- Manage Card and your Account: Lost your credit or debit card? Turn it on or off or set up alerts to notify you of transactions. Need to check a transaction? We’ve added search and filter capabilities to give you the tools you need to keep your account safe.
- Get the Information You Need: Check the status of your loan application, view your credit score history, or find a Branch or ATM with new tools to connect you with the information you need.
If you are a Quicken, QuickBooks, or Mint user, the upgrade to the new online banking software will require that you make changes to reactivate your account. Use the helpful guides below to make the necessary changes:
The Legacy Online Banking platform will be available through the end of June, but we strongly recommend you switch to the new platform for access to a better experience across your devices. If you get locked out of your account, please contact us.
The new online banking app is fully responsive to any device size and you will be able to use it on your smart phone or tablet. You can also download the latest version of the Mobile App for an experience tailored to your smart phone.
Keeping your browser up to date is important for security and to ensure that web pages load correctly. View our list of supported web browsers and operating systems here.
No. The Online Banking platform is free to Michigan First members.
Yes! With the new Transfer & Pay feature you have access to multiple ways to move your money, whether it’s between your accounts, to an external account, through Zelle®, or to another Michigan First member. You can also use the Bill Pay feature or pay your Michigan First loans directly from your account.
Instead of scrolling through months, days, and years, you can type your date of birth into the fields.
No — You will continue to log into your online banking account with the same username and password. If it is your first-time logging into the new Online Banking Platform on a new device, you will have to verify the device with a security code sent to your phone or email address. DO NOT share this code with anyone. Michigan First will never ask you for your security code.
You can recover your username and password using the “Forgot Username” or “Forgot Password” features. You will need to verify your identity to recover these pieces of information. If you are still unable to recover your information and login, please contact us.
Open our Online Banking Platform and click “Register” and follow the prompts to enter your information. Once your information has been verified for both the personal account and the business account, you will select a username and password. Do not share this username and password with anyone. Michigan First will never call you to ask for your username or password.
Yes. For security purposes you must enroll in Online Banking or Mobile Banking to view your account information online.
Transactions and Payments
You can transfer money in several different ways through the new Online Banking platform. Under the “Transfer & Pay” tab you will find options to transfer money between internal accounts or with an external account, by using Zelle®, or through our Bill Pay platform. The “Transfer & Pay” tab is also where you will schedule payments to a Michigan First loan or credit card.
When searching your transactions by keyword, make sure you enter the full word, otherwise your transaction may not display.
To navigate to your account statements and notices, select “View Account Details” under the account in question. Your credit card statement will show up on the details page when you click into your credit card. Statements and notices will be broken down by year.
Yes! With the new Transfer & Pay feature you have access to multiple ways to move your money, whether it’s between your accounts, to an external account, through Zelle, or to another Michigan First member. You can also use the Bill Pay feature or pay your Michigan First loans directly from your account.
We’ve have many security features across all of our digital platforms to ensure that your banking experience is as secure as possible. If you need to log into your accounts on a public device, always remember to log out and do not have the browser save your password. Do not register these devices into your account.
To remove a registered device from your account, select the “Security” tab and then “Forget Device” next to the device you want to remove. If you want to log back into this device you will need a security code to do so.
To change your statement preferences, select the “Profile” tab and adjust the settings under “Statement Options” for each account in your name.
- Secure your information by receiving your statements electronically. In doing so, you can rest assured that your banking information will remain secure in Michigan First’s database. In addition, e-statements can help ensure your account remains private and protected against fraud or theft.
- Account information is always available at your fingertips. Access monthly statements as quickly as possible to stay in-the-know when it comes to your finances.
- Getting rewarded is easy when you earn 50 MoneyPerks® points for every month you receive your statements by email.
Yes! To update your contact information, select the “Profile” tab and make the necessary updates by clicking “Edit.” These changes will then be updated in our system.
Michigan First is a full-service credit union with branches that are easily accessible around Metro Detroit, Grand Rapids and mid-Michigan.