Take your savings to another level.
Experience higher earnings with instant access to your money.
Enjoy solid growth and easy access
Life can get expensive, which is why we all look for faster ways to grow our savings. A Money Market Account does just that. While some attractive investments require a lengthy commitment, your Money Market funds can be accessed any time you need them at an ATM, through online banking, our mobile app or at one of our branches.
- Higher dividend rates than most traditional savings accounts
- Maintain easy access to your funds with unlimited penalty-free withdrawals
- Free Mastercard® debit/ATM card
- Access to over 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs (over 1,600 in Michigan)
- Free online and mobile banking
- 24/7 member service through our 365 Live Call Center
- Pay bills electronically (must have a savings account as well)
- No monthly fee*
- Provide Overdraft Coverage for your checking account
- Members must be 18 years old to open this account
* Minimum account aggregate balance of $100 required to avoid additional fee of $3/month.
Money Market Account Dividends
|APY1||Dividend Rate||Daily Balance|
|0.00%||0.00%||$1 to $2,499|
|0.75%||0.75%||$2,500 to $4,999|
|0.85%||0.85%||$5,000 to $24,999|
|1.76%||1.75%||$25,000 to $99,000|
|2.07%||2.05%||$100,000 to $199,999|
|2.48%||2.45%||$200,000 to $499,999|
|2.63%||2.60%||$500,000 and up|
1APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Minimum balances listed is to open an account and to earn the advertised APY. All dividends and APYs are accurate as of today, and subject to change at any time. Fees may reduce earnings on accounts. For current dividends, please contact us.
Michigan First is a full-service credit union with branches that are easily accessible around Metro Detroit, Grand Rapids and mid-Michigan.
Michigan First Credit Union Offers Peace of Mind with $500,000 Coverage!
At Michigan First, we go the extra mile for our members by making sure your money is protected. Deposits at Michigan First Credit Union are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA). To further protect your deposits, Michigan First provides additional coverage through Excess Share Insurance (ESI), creating a combination of federal and private share deposit insurance that protects your deposits for a total of $500,000 — including savings accounts, checking accounts, money market accounts, and certificate accounts.
This combination of NCUA and ESI coverage ensures that:
- All individual savings, checking and certificate accounts held by the same member are added together and insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA and an additional $250,000 by ESI.
- All joint accounts held by the same member are added together and insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA and an additional $250,000 by ESI.
- All IRA accounts held by the same person are added together and insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA and an additional $250,000 by ESI.
Both ESI and NCUA offer coverage payable upon failure and liquidation of the credit union. In order to continue providing the expanded protection, Michigan First adheres to strict underwriting criteria and reports monthly to ESI. If you have questions regarding this valuable member benefit, please call 800.664.3828.