Experience peace of mind of knowing you're protected.
Basic ID Theft Protection and enhanced plans are available at a low cost.
Coverage for under $2 per month
Access to Recovery Advocates
Monetary reimbursement available
Have an expert on your side
Criminal organizations and hackers work day and night to obtain personal data. Identity theft is one of the nation's fastest growing crimes, and it can put your credit, finances and job at risk. Fighting back on your own can be time-consuming, stressful and unsuccessful. That's why Michigan First partners with NXG Strategies — a national leader in the field — to provide credit union members with a full range of ID theft recovery services.
- Basic protection plans start at just $1.95 a month
- Stop by any Michigan First branch to enroll in the basic plan
- If you’re interested in more comprehensive plans for individuals and families, please visit our partner’s site
- If you suspect that you are a victim of fraud, call us immediately at 800.664.3828. We will walk you through the process and get you in touch with a Recovery Advocate.
Protection Plan Details
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery: You are assigned a licensed Recovery Advocate to complete the recovery work on your behalf, report progress along the way, and be there for you until your identity is restored – no matter how long it takes. This service also covers three generations of affected families. Read the Terms and Conditions.
- Lost Document Replacement: Provides personalized one-on-one assistance to replace identity credential documents that have been lost, stolen or destroyed in connection with your identity fraud event.
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance: Get reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $10,000, including reimbursement for lost wages, attorney fees and other expenses. Read more about this coverage.
Michigan First is a full-service credit union with branches that are easily accessible around Metro Detroit, Grand Rapids and mid-Michigan.