A financial safety net for challenging times.
Have your loan payments forgiven during certain family emergencies.
Experience relief when you need it the most
Almost every family relies on having a steady income stream. When the worst happens - a death, a disabling injury or job layoff - bills can pile up and financial challenges follow. With Loan Debt Protection, your loan payments can be forgiven for a certain time period or canceled altogether.
- Choice of eight plans
- Costs range from $0.73 a month (single account) to $10.90 a month (joint account)
- Short-term loan coverage for loans of 120 months or less, unsecured lines of credit and credit cards
- Long-term loan coverage for loans of 120 months or more and home equity lines of credit
- No penalties when payments are canceled
How Can I Report a Claim?
- Select the “Bank, credit union, finance company, mortgage company” button
- Click on “Start a new claim”
- Once Securian receives your claim, they will review and notify you if it is approved, denied or if more information is needed.
- Please continue making the loan payments until a claim decision is communicated to you
- Claim status can be obtained by visiting securian.com/benefits or by calling 800.328.9442 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST
Michigan First is a full-service credit union with branches that are easily accessible around Metro Detroit, Grand Rapids and mid-Michigan.