Buying a new home is attainable
Low down payments can open the door for many first-time homebuyers to reach their home ownership dreams.
We make it a little easier to get a place of your own
Sometimes, homeownership can seem permanently out of reach. However, at Michigan First Mortgage, even if you've had an uneven credit history or can't imagine saving up for a 20% down payment, our team may be able to help you secure a Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Mortgage so you can own the home of your dreams.
- Down payments as low as 3.5%
- Less-than-perfect credit is acceptable
- Eligible two years after discharged from bankruptcy and three years from a foreclosure
- Choose a fixed or adjustable rate
- Some funds can be provided as gifts from family members
- Up to 6% seller concessions allowed
- Renovation loans available
- Often a good choice for first-time homebuyers
- Available for purchase or refinance (including FHA Streamline Refinance)
Michigan First Mortgage is a division of Michigan First Credit Union, a full-service credit union with branches that are easily accessible around Metro Detroit, Grand Rapids and mid-Michigan.