Earn rewards for paying your loans, using direct deposit and signing up for e-statements. The points you earn can be used to waive fees and receive better loan and CD rates.
How to earn points:
- 1 point per month per $1 interest you pay on loans
- 1 point per month per $1 in dividends you earn on savings
- 50 points per month for using e-statements
- 50 points per month for using direct deposit of $500 – $999
- 100 points per month for using direct deposit of $1,000 or more
- 1,000 points for you each time you refer friends or family1
- 500 points for your referred friend or family member1
- If you have a First Gear account, you earn double points on e-statements and direct deposit usage
- Lower your loan rate up to 0.75%2
- Raise your CD rate up to 0.50%
- Waive a service fee
View the points redemption chart
1 To be eligible, current member must be in good standing, and new members over the age of 18 must open a checking account with direct deposit of $500 or more per month. First Gear Account Holders will receive double points for e-Statements and direct deposit. Direct deposit must begin within 90 days of account opening. Points will be credited to accounts within 30 business days after the direct deposit begins. New members under the age of 18 must open a savings account with $100 minimum balance. Friends must meet membership requirements – visit MichiganFirst.com for details.Rate discounts cannot be applied to mortgages, overdraft loans, lines-of-credit, home equity lines-of-credit or credit cards, and cannot be combined with other offers. Maximum loan rate discount is 0.75% (new loans only). Maximum CD yield bump is 0.50% (new CDs only). Subject to credit approval. Cannot redeem points for late fees. Must be a member in good standing to redeem. For details, please contact the Credit Union. Michigan First Credit Union reserves the right to change or cancel the program at any time. MoneyPerks points have no direct cash value. Fees and points are subject to change.
2Rates and yields listed on this page are examples only, and do not necessarily reflect current credit union rates or yields. Savings and earnings are examples, and will vary based on balance, rate, terms and portfolio. For rates, yields and payment details, please contact the credit union. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APR = Annual Percentage Rate. APR is based on credit score. The better the credit, the better the rate. Home equity loan example is based on a 15 year closed end home equity loan. Michigan First Credit Union reserves the right to change or cancel the program at any time. See the credit union for details on all offers. MoneyPerks® points have no direct cash value.