By: Tricia Marion
While enjoying summer, whether it’s relaxing at the beach or lounging by the pool, remember you can do your banking from your phone or tablet, wherever you are! The new Michigan First mobile app
saves you time, money and gas because you don’t have to visit a branch or call us to do your banking. That means you get to spend more time soaking up the sun, instead of waiting in line at a branch or on the phone to speak with us.
Have you ever called us or visited a branch to do the following?
- Checked to see if your social security, pension or other deposit arrived.
- Requested your account number or balance.
- Asked if a payment to a merchant has been taken out.
- Asked where the closest branch or ATM is.
- Deposited a check, transferred money or made a payment.
Through the enhanced Michigan First app
, you no longer have to call or visit to do these tasks! You can safely and securely deposit checks, review account balances, make loan payments and more. You can also:
- Set up touch ID login – if your phone has the fingerprint ID feature you can establish a touch ID login to quickly log in to the app.
- Use quick balance – view available account balances without logging in.
- View statements – easily view statements right from the app.
- Manage your account – update contact information like your address or phone number, recover your username, reset a password or unlock your account from the app.
- Make payments – submit loan payments and view balances, as well as make payments through Bill Pay for free, where you can schedule payments, add or remove payees and more.
- Monitor accounts – you can set up alerts for transactions, balances and security, and receive these alerts via text, email and push notifications.
New users with iPhone or Android devices can search for “Michigan First” in the applicable app store to download the app. For those that still have the old version of our app on their phone, please note it is no longer available for use. Users will have to complete the following steps based on their phone type to continue enjoying the features and benefits:
- iPhone – users who have the old Michigan First app downloaded simply update it through the app store.
- Android – users who have our old app downloaded will be required to delete it and download a completely new version, rather than updating.
If you need assistance downloading the app or using it, please ask us for help! We’re happy to show you the ropes and how easy it is to use. Learn more about the app here