Life happens fast. Don’t let it get you down after an event leaves you scrambling to pay your bills. We’ve got your back with debt protection!
What is it?
Debt protection can assist in relieving financial pressure in the event of death, disability, or involuntary unemployment. There are eight plans to choose from that range from $0.73 a month for a single account and up to $10.90 a month for a joint account.
What does it cover?
- Short-term loans: closed-end loans of 120 months or less, unsecured lines of credit and credit cards
- Long-term loans: closed-end loans of 120 months or more, and home equity line of credit plans
You can rest easy knowing your loan balance or monthly payments will be canceled without any penalty. Your credit rating also stays secure during this time.
How can I get it?
How can I report a new debt protection claim?
To start the claim process, visit securian.com/benefits or call the claim center at 800.328.9442.
- Select the “Bank, credit union, finance company, mortgage company” button
- Click on “Start a new claim”
- Once Securian receives your claim, they will review and notify you if it is approved, denied or if more information is needed.
- Please continue making the loan payments until a claim decision is communicated to you
How can I check the status of my claim?
Claim status can be obtained by visiting securian.com/benefits or by calling 800.328.9442 from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. EST.