- See What You Already Have:
- Odds are most of the school supplies on your list can be found in your home. Before you head out to shop, take inventory of what you already have. Chances are that your kids still have many supplies left over from last year.
- Compromise with Your Kids:
- If you bring your kids with you to pick out school supplies, you are a braver woman (or man) than I. Kids don’t look at prices, they just *have* to have the fancy folder and extra-large pack of colored pencils. To prevent fights or disappointment in the middle of the store, the rule in my house is each kid can select two special items. They become so focused and excited around picking the perfect item that back to school shopping becomes a breeze.
- Look for Quality:
- Deals are great, but with some school supplies you really do get what you pay for. Cheap off-brand pencils might seem like a great deal until you have to run out to the store in two weeks because they all already broke.
- Coupon or Deal Hunt:
- You might not be able to use many coupons on the traditional school supplies but if your list includes paper products or cleaning supplies, it’s time to coupon. Not sure where to start? Check out our Couponing 101 blog here.
Bank Your Way
Trouble viewing our website? Call us at 800.664.3828
Michigan First Credit Union © Copyright 2018. All Rights Reserved.
27000 Evergreen Road Lathrup Village, MI 48076
NMLS Number: 493687
Federally Insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA),
a U.S. Government Agency. Excess Share Insurance up to $250,000