2023 Year in Review
With each new year we like to take this time to look back at our accomplishments and milestones, as well as the impact we’ve made on our members and the communities we serve.
Here are some major milestones of 2023:
- Introduced Financial Exploration, an innovative program tailored to our members that offers personalized tools, resources, and expert guidance to navigate their unique financial journey.
- Michigan First Mortgage surpassed $1 Billion in Mortgage servicing, a huge milestone in company history.
- Expanded our footprint with the opening of two new branches located inside the Okemos Meijer and Lansing Walmart, continuing a trend of increasing access to financial services, and bringing our total branches to 30 across the state of Michigan.
- Launched Michigan First Title Agency, dedicated to simplifying the homebuying process and providing guidance at every step to ensure the buying journey is filled with confidence and peace of mind.
- Surprised more than 1,400 people across communities in Michigan with our community giving initiative, which is one of the ways we give back each year.
- Awarded $75,000 to 20 deserving graduating high school seniors and college students through our Michigan First Foundation Scholarship Competition.
- Joined the Detroit CDFI Coalition, a collective effort among city stakeholders, CDFIs (Community Development Financial Institution), and businesses to enhance banking services, lending, and investment opportunities in Detroit. Our President/CEO, Jennifer Borowy, was elected to the Executive Committee of the Coalition.
- Became a presenting sponsor of America's Thanksgiving Parade, an event that has been contributing to the joy of Michigan families for over 97 memorable years.
- Continued our partnership with the Detroit Zoo, supporting events like Wild Lights, Run Wild, and BRICKLIVE.
During 2024, Michigan First remains dedicated to enhancing our member experience and access to financial resources. You can expect an extended range of digital access and ongoing enhancements across all channels, contributing to an even better experience across all Michigan First brands.
As we progress into 2024, we are excited about our future growth. Thank you for your loyalty, business, and for choosing Michigan First!