2022 Year in Review
With each new year we like to take this time to look back at our accomplishments and milestones, as well as the impact we’ve made on our members and the communities we serve.
Here are some major milestones of 2022:
- Promoted Jennifer Borowy, previously Chief Operations Officer, to Chief Executive Officer and President of Michigan First Credit Union.
- Promoted Delonaka Edwards, previously AVP of In-Store Operations, to Chief Operations Officer.
- Opened two new branches to expand our financial footprint in the city of Detroit, continuing a trend of increasing access to financial services across the state of Michigan.
- Launched a new Online Banking platform to streamline digital access to accounts and services, as well as create a more cohesive and accessible experience for all members.
- Continued our trends of growth in lending to help members finance the things that are important to them — whether a new car, new house, or extra spending money.
- Surprised more than 1,000 people across communities in Michigan with our Community Giving initiative, which is one of the ways we give back each year.
- Awarded nearly $70,000 to deserving graduating high school seniors and college students through our Michigan First Foundation Scholarship Competition.
- Continued to grow the Michigan First Money Mentor program in order to provide free financial literacy to young adults across the state.
During 2023, Michigan First will continue to focus on member experience, access to financial resources, and free financial literacy for our communities. You can expect to see expanded digital access and continual improvements across all channels for an even greater experience with all Michigan First brands.
We look forward to additional growth as we move into 2023! Thank you for your loyalty, business, and for choosing Michigan First!