Your future starts here.
Advance your career through a wide range of learning initiatives.
We hire talented, compassionate and dedicated team members
After joining our team, you'll experience new-hire training, meet with our President and CEO, and learn all about Michigan First's unique culture. As time goes on, you'll strengthen your skill set through specially tailored online programs, mentoring efforts and other resources, tools and opportunities.
- Speak Easy Club: An internal group dedicated to helping team members build their public speaking skills.
- Team Learning Day: All team members gather twice a year for a day of fun, food and organizational training.
- Online Training Programs: Our online training tools offer you over 3,000 leadership, technical skills and product classes that are specific to the credit union industry.
- Mentor Programs: We offer short-term mentoring programs for Tellers and Financial Service Representatives and long-term programs for management positions.
- Financial Service Representative Certification Programs: Enhance your communication and product knowledge skills.
- Leadership Academy: All leadership team members go through our three-year Leadership Academy, which focuses on building leadership, communication and technology skills. The program includes a trip to Gettysburg, PA, where historians teach participants key leadership lessons on the battlefield.
- Developing Influential Leaders Academy: High-performing team members who have leadership potential learn how to lead a team, work within groups and solve conflicts in order to prepare for a leadership position.
- Tuition Assistance: Michigan First will help you pay tuition for a degree program from an accredited college or university.
Michigan First is a full-service credit union with branches that are easily accessible around Metro Detroit, Grand Rapids and mid-Michigan.